The Editorial Team of Food Research journal highly appreciates the reviewers' contribution in the peer-reviewing process of the Journal to ensure scientific integrity. Reviewing for journals is a professional activity that provides value for the professions as a whole, and should be encouraged.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and comment on major strengths and weaknesses of the study design and methodology
- Comment accurately and constructively upon the quality of author's interpretation of the data, including acknowledgements of its limitations
- Raise any ethical concerns by the study (if any) or any possible evidence of low standards of scientific conduct
- Provide useful suggestions for improvement of the manuscript to the author
- Provide the proper context and perspective to the editor to make a decision on acceptance (and/or revision) of the manuscript.
Reviewers are expected to be professional, honest, courteous, prompt and constructive.
- Reviewers should be prompt with their reviews.
- Reviewer should inform the Editorial Office if a Reviewer cannot meet the deadline given to request for extension of reviewing period.
- Establish your expertise in the field
- Update your knowledge in your field of interest and others.
- Keep up-to-date and have advance access to latest research
- Improve your reputation and career